Sunday, January 3, 2010

Basement Rerun

Yesterday while flipping through magazines at my local bookstore, I was quite surprised to come across two pictures of my basement renovation in two different magazines. You may remember the original story about my basement renovation was published back in July 2009 in Better Homes and Gardens. (Click here to see the original article.)

A picture of my walk out basement entryway can be found in the current issue of Better Homes and Gardens 100 Decorating Ideas - Big Style for Small Rooms.


100 Decorating ideas Big Style for Small Rooms / Photographer - John Bessler
Stylist - Donna Talley, Regional Editor and Producer for Meredith Publications

The original picture is the same as above except that it included me walking through the door holding a bucket of flowers. If you look closely through the opened door, you get a small glimpse of the blue stone patio my husband had just completed. Since the photo shoot, I have changed the door knob you see in this photo to polished nickel to coordinate with the rest of the basement and house.

The second picture of the basement renovation can be found in Better Homes and Gardens 2010 March issue of Remodel.

Remodel / Photographer - John Bessler
Stylist - Donna Talley, Regional Editor and Producer for Meredith Publications

This picture of the sitting area is also very similar to the original except that it gives a little broader view of the space. I was so pleased to discover these photos had been used again. I hope you will get a chance to see them in the magazines.

11 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I notice that BH&G has done this with other articles and projects I've seen in their magazines. I did not get to see your original article; I'll have to pick up one of these next time I'm at the store and see the pictures "in person"! Congrats on such a successful renovation. I'm sure it must be a shock to see your home in a magazine when you're not expecting it.

A Wedding Story said...

I just love BH&G special publications! Such great ideas!

Maria Killam said...

Congratulations! That is a beautiful space and it deserves to be featured!! Fresh and clean colours, that's what I'm seeing everywhere these days.

Taija said...

That is so cool to be published! The rooms are picture perfect! Wonderful job!

DianeM said...

Wow, that's awesome! I love all the BHG decorating mags :)
Smiles, DianeM

Charity said...

I have your pic ripped out and in my planning binder. Great job, thanks for sharing

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

How cool! Congrats! And thanks for commenting on my blog. Did you know you can change your blogger settings and when you leave a comment the receiver (only) can reply back to your email?
Go to your blogger dashboard
Click on Edit profile (near your photo)
then under "privacy" click the "show my email" button. It will not show up on a general comment, but WILL show up when the recipient gets your comment in their email.
Just a thought - I had to hunt for your blog because your "follower icon" did not show that you had a blog.
You can delete this if you want! But I do like your blog and am now a follower and am REALLY impressed that you have been published! Your house is beautiful, by the way!
-Trish

Its So Very Cheri said...

Congrats. I have that magazine. I will have to go look after I am done on the computer.

I am curious--did you post to them? Just curious since you were surprised.

Cheri

Brabourne Farm said...

It's such a shame we don't get these magazines in Australia - I'd love to be able to see more of your gorgeous rooms. Leigh

Cara@TheSheetBoutique said...

I kept that particular BHG magazine just for the basement redo... so glad to have found your blog. Your home is LOVELY. Keep decorating & inspiring!

Heather said...

I absolutely love this space!! I tore these photos out of the B&G magazine a while back when we were planning out our home renovation! I'm so happy to have found your blog! We are getting started on our basement remodel shortly, so I am taking in all the inspiration I can get!!! Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin