Thursday, March 1, 2012

An Urban Cottage – The RDH March Blog of the Month


Today I am happy to introduce you to An Urban Cottage – the March Red Door Home Blog of the month.

via An Urban Cottage

via An Urban Cottage

An Urban Cottage is a new to me blog that has quickly become a favorite.  You know I love a good house renovation story and this one is superb!  An Urban Cottage chronicles Steve’s journey of restoring his 1842 Greek Revival cottage in Boston, MA.  Along the way he also shares tidbits about flowers, decorating, favorite finds, and more.

Below is how Steve’s house looked when it was purchased.

via An Urban Cottage

Here is what it looks like today.

via An Urban Cottage

Quite a beautiful transformation, wouldn’t you say?  (For all the details click HERE.)  Along with restoring the outside of his house, Steve has also been hard at work renovating the interior. Take a look at the inspiring pictures below to see the beautiful transformation which has taken place.
Kitchen before
via An Urban Cottage

Kitchen after

via An Urban Cottage

Steve has done such amazing work on his house that not too long ago it was photographed for and will be featured in the new Better Homes and Gardens New Cottage Style book.


The book is not available yet but is scheduled for release in June of this year.  You can visit HERE to preorder your copy.

Steve’s current project involves an update of the bedroom shown below.

via An Urban Cottage

He is stripping wallpaper and plans to remove the turquoise paint from the floor as well as change the vintage Cape Cod cottage look into something more in keeping with the rest of the house.  I can’t wait to see the results!

Thank you Steve for allowing me to feature your incredible blog!  To see more Urban Cottage happenings please stop by Steve’s blog.  I know you will be thrilled you did!


19 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

Stacy,

Thank you so much. It's quite an honor to be featured here.

Steve

Unknown said...

I love to read Steve's blog about how he's redoing his house. His Christmas decor was wonderful this year! I think he won for best Christmas tree on Tartanscot blog. His blog is a great one to feature.

Crazy Wonderful said...

Holy cow! I cannot wait to check her out :)

Crazy Wonderful said...

Oops... I meant to say "his" :)

life, in small chunks said...

I love Steve's home. He's done such a fantastic job with everything he's done. I can't wait to see what he will do next!

Acquired Objects said...

Steve has a fabulous home and I just preordered a copy of the book and can't wait to see!

Jalon Burton said...

What a great post... I love An Urban Cottage and am so happy I have found another great blog... Red Door Home. Love the name - my home has ALWAYS had a red door so this just clicked for me! Thanks so much for sharing and hope you BOTH have a beautiful day!

the gardener's cottage said...

congrats steve. you house and renovation are such an inspiration AND you're a nice guy too.

Karena said...

Steve always inspires me with his post and I am in awe of the restoration he has done with his cottage!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

flwrjane said...

Steve, He was our It Boy of 2011 and looks like he will continue on thru 2012.

xo Jane

Cindi Myers said...

FABULOUS PICK!
I LOVE his blog.
It's always a great treat to see and read one of his posts!
He has a terrific sense of humor and an awesome sense of style.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Love Steve's blog, I've been following him for a while now. I'm looking forward to visiting your blog now!

Mary

Victoria said...

Steve is nothing short of fabulous...and funny.
Best...Victoria

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I adore Steve's blog! His renovation is very inspiring. I Love to go back and look at the before and afters of his home....And I'm pretty sure many of us will be going back to his holiday/Christmas posts for years to come. He has amazing style and a wonderful sense of humor too!
annie

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Hi Stacy. Glad you found Steve. He is ridiculously talented on so many levels. Writer, decorator, photographer, cook. And then some. And he's nice on top of it. Great post! :)

Camille said...

Ooo, I had no idea I could preorder the book. I've been teasing Steve about getting a signed copies. Thanks for the heads up. Big fan of Steve's here.

SHERRY HART said...

Steve....Steve....he's our guy.....hot DAMN right! Love me some "Steve" designs!!!!

Anne said...

Steve has been a favorite of mine for the past 2 years. I am thrilled that he is featured here.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Steve is a winner. I loved this muted palette and styling and dedication.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin