Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What I bought for $1.98

Like many of you, I enjoy seeing all the wonderful garage sale and thrift store bargains people purchase. It is amazing to me what can still be found with patience, a little bit of luck and imagination.



That being said, since I do not have a shop or an established way to resell, I try to only buy things which I can use and truly love. To me, a bargain isn’t a bargain if you are just buying something because of the price. So in all honesty, I do my best to limit yard sale and thrift store stops. However, every once in a while I do visit the local Salvation Army. Most times I leave empty handed but a few days ago I was lucky and found a few great deals.


Here is the brake down of my purchase - two silver-plated utensils at 10 cents each, one milk glass vase at 79 cents, and a large vintage ironstone platter for 99 cents. My grand total for the day was $1.98!


Not bad if I do say so myself!

Have you found any great bargains lately? If so, I would love to hear about them.

Linking up to:
Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous
Show and Tell Wednesdays at Blue Cricket Design
Whatever Goes Wednesdays at Someday Crafts



15 comments:

southern-newlywed said...

Wow! You did great! :) Love, love, love those pieces...

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Now that's what I call a bargain!! Great finds.... enjoy :)

Mellodee said...

I've never seen milk glass without the knobby-things all over it! Nice vase.

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I love the platter! Great deals.

Paula@SweetPea said...

You found incredible deals on four very useful pieces. I agree with you that it is silly to buy something at a thrift shop or yard sale that you won't really use just because it is a bargain. I don't know about you, but my house is simply to full to buy things that I won't frequently use.

Upscale Downhome said...

What a great way to spend $1.98! I think the utensils are really neat. I agree with you though not to purchase items just because they are a good deal. We already have way too much clutter in our lives!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great finds for $1.98, Stacy! You can always use white things, so I keep my eye out for those now, too. I love the detail on that little spreader.

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

Great finds! I blogged about my recent scores on Sunday and shared similar sentiments: had to walk away from great finds that just weren't right for me. But I did find a McCoy planter for $1 and a stunning glass vase. Can't wait for this Saturday's yard sale-ing fun!

Morgan said...

Those are some great finds! I adore that platter -- and only 99 cents? Amazing!

Grammy Goodwill said...

You arranged your thrifty finds so artfully. I agree with you about not buying things just because they're cheap. I have that conversation with myself a lot.

Bring Pretty Back said...

Great finds! I haven't found any great deals lately! I am hoping soon! I need to hit the yard sales harder!
Have a PRETTY day!
Kristin

Ann said...

They are really good finds,
something you will enjoy for a long time, and cheap too ♥

Unknown said...

Those are some great bargains. White platters and vases are always a good addition. There's nothing like a good deal!

Dear Lillie said...

What fabulous finds!

Holly Lefevre said...

Great bargain. Our saying is "It's not a bargain if you don;t need it." I should say that is my hubby's saying. I am trying to live by that a little more! Pretty finds...great price!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin