Sunday, March 6, 2011

Reusing a Curtain to Make Pillows

My sisters and I have an agreement – if we no longer want or need something we ask each other first before giving it away to someone else. This applies not only to clothes but to household items, toys, furniture, bedding, etc. A great deal, as each of us has benefitted greatly from the others’ hand me downs.

So when it came time for a room redo for my oldest niece, all the usable bedding, pillows and curtains were destined to be passed onto my youngest niece. One of the projects for this room switcheroo was turning the below curtain (which I had previously made) into two Euro shams and a pillow.


After taking the curtain completely apart, it took a little bit of time to figure out how to best use the small and odd-shaped fabric pieces I had to work with. I finally figured out a plan and came up with the simple pillows below.



My sister was thrilled and her young daughter is very proud of her new big girl room!


Linking up to Metamorphosis Monday and some of these linky parties


22 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

Very cute pillows! I just wanted you to know that I read about your sewing machine. It looks almost identical to mine. I bought mine from a shop, and didn't have any of the attachments. I've never seen a white one!
Brenda

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That's so great, Stacey! It's so nice that someone else in the family gets to enjoy something that is "new" to them. I love how you worked her name into the one pillow, too.

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Oh how you make me wish I could sew!! The pillows are adorable :)

Paula@SweetPea said...

Aren't you smart to create something new out of these old curtains. I love what you came up with. My niece is also a Reese!

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

Great idea! They all look so awesome.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Those pillows are soooo cute!
Love the way you patterned them and the color choice is eye catching.

What a great gift for your neice!

Pine Tree Home said...

Love that you took something old and made it new again. Those curtains have a different outlook as fun pillows.

Becca Bertotti said...

Hey there ... I'm visiting from BNOTP and am now a follower. I love your pillows. So sweet ... the colors are beautiful. I love the name, too. *Becca*

www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

am also on Met Monday- love wgat you created for the curtain- the colors- patterns and the name!

Karen

Serendipity Chic Design said...

This totally jumped out at me because my son is Reece with a "C". I love that you have repurposed everything. It looks great!

Take care,
Lisa

Miss Char said...

Great pillows, I love when people re-purpose. Thanks so much for sharing.

MiniBinoy said...

wow!! pretty pillows!!!great idea indeed!!

SHERRY HART said...

Great re-use of fabric. I think you did a great job!

Decor To Adore said...

Completely adorable! My nephew is named Reese after his great grandfather.

What a great metamorphosis! Well done.

I am having a hilarious Linky party with prizes this Wednesday. Details are on my blog today.
I hope you'll join in on the fun.

Maple Park Cottage said...

Beautiful! Vey inspiring to see how you reused the fabric!

Skooks said...

I love to make the "old" new again! Great job!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Love the pillows!

Anonymous said...

The pillows look fabulous!

Kathy

lisaroy said...

Oh how cute are they?! So charming - great job! :)

Keeping Life Fun with one Craft at a Time said...

I love the colors! I am having a blog giveaway. http://keepinglifefunwithonecraftatatime.blogspot.com/2011/03/first-blog-giveaway.html

Allisha said...

They look amazing!

Erin said...

Beautiful pillows! I found your blog at Between Naps on the Front Porch. You have such great ideas and I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd follow me back: http://stillwaterstory.blogspot.com/

Again, you did a fantastic job with this!! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin