Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Blog of the Month – Miss Mustard Seed

I am thrilled to feature one of my all-time favorite blogs – Miss Mustard Seed – as the RDH March Blog of the month.


I don’t remember exactly when or how I discovered Marian’s blog, but I do know she has been an inspiration to me and to so many other followers – demonstrating what is possible when you pursue your dreams with grace and perseverance.


My favorite features of Miss Mustard Seed include the valuable painting information, beautiful pictures, upholstering tips, sewing ideas, and small business advice which Marian so generously shares.


Besides authoring Miss Mustard Seed, Marian also is a freelance writer for HGTV.com and sells her finds and creations in three retail spaces. I honestly don’t know how she does it all!


A bit of trivia which many of you may not know is that Marian and I share a “color connection.”


Not long after I found Miss Mustard Seed, Marian shared pictures of her newly repainted living and dining rooms. Her color of choice was SW Aria Ivory. As most of my house is painted with this same color, I left a comment telling her how much I too loved SW Aria Ivory.


The irony of this story is that unbeknownst to either of us, Marian had used my living room which had been featured in Women’s Day Budget Decorating, as her inspiration for her color choice. She had received a copy of the magazine from her mother-in-law and saved the article.

Women's Day Budget Decorating / Photographer - Michael Partenio
Stylist - Donna Talley, Regional Editor and Producer for Meredith Publications

After visiting my blog, Marian quickly figured out the connection and was kind enough to let me know about our color bond. In fact, she recently posted about her plans to repaint the blue wall in her beautiful dining room with SW Aria Ivory.


I hope you will stop by Miss Mustard Seed to learn how to – as Marian’s blog title says – “move mountains in your home.” I know you will be so glad you did!


11 comments:

Abby M. Interiors said...

THAT is such a fun story. She has a beautiful home. I'm off to peruse her blog!
abby

AntiqueChase said...

Her blog is one of my VERY favorites!! Nice choice for sure!

I have a question about your old cart in your room... I have a very old one too and it's in the yard with flowers.... mine is very perfect chippy green and I never thought of pulling it inside... what do you store in your and any tips ??

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Thanks so much for this amazing feature. I always think of you when I'm sharing about Aria Ivory. I love, love that color and I think I'm going to use it in my kitchen and family room as well when I get to those rooms, but we'll see.

Red Door Home said...

I bought my cart many years ago at a flea market and for some reason have always kept it inside. I use it for all different things depending on the season - a large plant,books, presents, and blankets. It really is a fun piece of furniture.

Calypso In The Country said...

So pretty! I also love her blog! Such a cute story.
Shelley

{darlene} said...

I like her blog too!
I wanted to say thank you to you for your wonderful feature of my blog last month. Your feature has encouraged me so much as I pursue my dream of Fieldstone Hill Design.
I am sad February is over, but I am so thankful to you for your vote of confidence. I look forward to hearing about your future features. It seems {wink. wink} that you have great taste!
-{darlene}
fieldstonehilldesign.com

Anonymous said...

I love miss mustard seeds blog!She is so talented,and i love everything she does.She's the greatest teacher.

Kathy

Unknown said...

Lu-UH-uv! her blog!

Good Time Charlie said...

What a beautiful post and a beautiful blog. So looking forward to exploring your blog a bit more. Thank you for sharing. -K

furniture stores in Los Angeles said...

True, Miss Mustard Seed is a creative blog. It's very inspiring and I often visit it. I also love reading your blog. It has inspired me to start up my blog. Keep up the good work!

Norma =^.,.^= said...

My previous house was all done in Aria Ivory. I thought I was the only one who knew about this great color!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin