Saturday, February 5, 2011

Imagine the Possibilities


I came across these beautiful industrial carts from Silver Fox Salvage and immediately started thinking of all the possibilities!




According to the information provided on the website, the carts were removed from a factory in upstate New York and most likely date from the turn of the century – the real deal, not reproductions.




Ranging in price from $275 to $475, these vintage beauties would make a wonderful movable kitchen island or even small table – sure to be the focal point of any room. A phenomenal dining room table could be created by using two carts together. How about storage? Remove the top and create a solid bottom or turn the cart over and reattach the wheels.  I can see all my rolls of fabric fitting perfectly.

Now, if I could just find some extra space in my house!
 

9 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oh, I could absolutely see this as a kitchen island, Stacy!

lisaroy said...

I love stuff like this! so many possibilities! :)

Suzie said...

What a great salvage site!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Those are really cool. Very interesting.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love your industrial cart. It looks like the one that my booth partner and I found in a field behind an old barn. We asked the owner if we could buy it and he sold it to us for $10.!
We now use it as our focal point for our booth.

hugs
Sissie

Holly Lefevre said...

Oh my...I almost fainted...I LOVE those carts. I have been on the hunt for a railroad cart (I think I am calling it the right thing) but those are just as wonderful. I want to go to the flea market tomorrow! I just liked you on Facebook too (trying to get more active over there!)!

Maria Killam said...

They certainly would! Did you get one? Love them too!
x
Maria

Red Door Home said...

No, but I wish I had room for one. Perhaps with come creative rearranging I could find a spot!

Splenderosa said...

Hi, thank you for entering the giveaway at Art By Karena. I am Marsha, the Splenderosa Jewelry, person. Come see me again when you have time. And, thank you for the lovely comment @ Karena's place.
Marsha

Blog Widget by LinkWithin