Monday, December 21, 2009

Flower Frog Fun

Over this past summer I purchased a milk glass flower frog at a yard sale. Flower frogs seem to be plentiful at yard sales, antique stores and flea markets and as a bonus, are very inexpensive. I didn't really have a plan for how I was going to use it, so it has been sitting in my closet ever since. The other day I decided to pull it out and came up with these fun ideas. A colored pencil holder for my desk.

A birthday candle holder. I like the idea of placing the flower frog with the candles on top of a cake stand on which you could put cupcakes, cookies or other treats.
A card display. Here are a few of my vintage Valentines Day cards. I used paper wrapped floral wire and bent the end into a circle to form the end to hold the card. This would also work for photos, small art work, etc.
Of course, a flower holder, the original purpose of the flower frog.
A Christmas decoration of simple greens. (Sorry these are looking a bit dry.)Finally, a lollipop holder. How fun would this be for a child's birthday party!

I had some other ideas as well including candy canes, small flags, knitting needles and even a fruit kabob holder. If you have other ideas for using a flower frog I would love to hear them!

11 comments:

Janean said...

you smarty pants!!! what wonderful ideas...very creative. if i have other ideas?? hello, wouldn't have thought past "flowers." LOL. thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful ideas - and so fun. I think the greenery and the Narcissus are both just beautiful!

Velvet and Linen said...

Cool ideas Sue!
Happy Holidays.

xo
Brooke

Cottage on the Hill said...

Great ideas...lets see you could wrap plastic silverware with a cute napkin & ribbon using the flower frog as a silverware holder for a sweet summer party!...Merry Christmas.

Decor To Adore said...

I have never seen such a lovely frog! Your ideas are wonderful.

for the love of a house said...

Such clever ideas for a frog!!
Happy holidays!
joan

cotedetexas said...

such great ideas! i love the lollipop holder!!
happy New Years to you and your family.
Joni

Maria Killam said...

That is so much fun!! Love the coloured pencils!!

Hasya Ya'ara said...

You have created truly a beautiful blog to visit.

LesleySW said...

Such cute ideas. I love the birthday candle suggestion. Fantastic!

Boxwood Terrace said...

I love these creative ideas, especially the candle holder for cupcakes and the card holder! Best wishes to you for the New Year!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin