Monday, December 14, 2009

A Charlie Brown Christmas Tree

I have long admired pictures of houses decorated with more than one Christmas tree. They always look so festive. So this year I decided to add a second tree to my house. I went out to the small patch of woods behind our house and returned with ....
... my own "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree. I placed it in a vintage white McCoy pot and anchored the tree with small gravel from our garden. The pot was then placed in a vintage wagon which usually holds either a large plant or a variety of blankets and books during the rest of the year.
The branches are few and far between so I kept the decorations simple and to a minimum - glass balls from Target and stars I made from left over feed sacks fabric pieces.

To make the star ornaments print a picture of a star off your computer. (I made two different sizes.) Pin the wrong sides together, inserting a raffia loop on the top. Sew around the edges by hand or with a sewing machine, leaving a small opening for stuffing. (I used a sewing machine and sewed around the outside twice to prevent fraying.) Stuff the star lightly and sew closed. Embellish as you wish or leave plain.
This will be my final holiday decorating post for this Christmas season. Thank you for allowing me to share my home and traditions with you. I have so enjoyed all your wonderful comments and blogs. Best wishes for a blessed holiday from me to you.

10 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That is so cute! I love these little trees!

Brabourne Farm said...

I love your tree with these beautifully simple decorations - just gorgeous! Leigh

Viera said...

very cute
X
V

The Nester said...

Girl, you have some major talent going on...please tell me you live in NC and we are close enough to meet? I just found you today and I am smitten.

Cottage on the Hill said...

That is too sweet...makes me think of a Christmas tree my grandparents might have had!...Merry Christmas!!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

This is the most precious thing ever! Well done. I'm full of warm fuzzy feelings now. Merry Christmas!

Kimba said...

ADORABLE! I'm so glad to find your blog. Love it!

A Pretty Trip said...

That's so adorable!!

Anonymous said...

I love the charlie brown tree!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

I have always wanted a charlie brown tree! Yours is perfect in the cart, love it!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin