Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dreamy Whites - RDH July Blog of the Month



It seems the older I become the more simplified my design style grows.  Perhaps that is why I have become such a fan of French farmhouse decorating.  I am not talking the yellow, blue and red color scheme most often identified with French farmhouse design.  It is the light, bright and airy style where vintage textiles, painted furniture and zinc accessories are incorporated into a wonderful white palette that I love.


So today I am thrilled to introduce you to Dreamy Whites the Red Door Home July blog of the month and a favorite resource of mine for French farmhouse inspiration.


Dreamy Whites is owned by Maria Carr – a stay at home mom to five who lives in Northern California on a horse ranch. 

Maria’s French farmhouse inspired home is stunningly beautiful.  Take a look below at some of my favorite pictures.  (Yes, the photography is amazing too!)




Maria also has an online shop called Dreamy Whites.  Her store includes many of the beautiful pieces which she uses in her own home such as vintage linens and baskets, antique furniture, lavender pillows, Christmas décor and so much more!




One of my favorite aspects of Maria’s decorating style is the elegant simplicity she brings to her home.  She limits the paint colors of both the furniture and walls to well selected shades of white with an occasional bit of gray.  She also never distresses the paint on her furniture.  With five kids she says that the furniture becomes naturally distressed over time!  


There is so much more to see at Dreamy Whites so I hope you will stop by for a visit.  



Also be sure to congratulate Maria on her home being included in Better Homes and Gardens’ latest publication – New Cottage Style.  I have not found a copy of this book yet but it is definitely on my list of books to buy!




15 comments:

paperjunk-lc said...

I bought the book and love it. So many times you've seen all the photos before in magazines and blogs but this book was filled of new images.

Debbie said...

I'm a new follower of your blog and am loving all your designs! Hope to be able to incorporate some in my new apartment!!

carolyn bradford said...

What I wouldn't give to start over with my house and only have simplicity…and not so much "stuff"! With owning a shop, etc…you seem to accumulate even more! I love the beauty of white…and I love Maria's style! I can't wait to see the New Cottage Style book…we would love to carry it in our shop as well ! Hope your Fourth of July week is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

This is so much more inviting and comfortable than any other style...I love it and thank you for sharing this. Now, to go find the book!!!!
Another great read, Stacy!!!
~Louise

Greet Lefèvre said...

Dear Stacy,
Thank you for introducing us to this gorgeous new blog!!
xx
Greet

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you so much for doing this post! Like you, the older I get, the whiter my rooms become ;-)

I LOVE Maria's style and have oohed and ahhed over her photos many times.

In a random drawing, through another blogger,I won the BHG book New Cottage Style. It's wonderful!

I like to say I "love" white rooms. But in fact I'm practically "obsessed" with them. My rooms are going more and more white with such wonderful inspiration as Maria's :-)

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

oh i am so glad you posted this! i used to real marias blog a few years ago and forgot the name and couldnt find her again. thank you so much for helping me re-discover it :) nice to meet you TOO!

Woodside Park said...

Hi, Stacy - Wonderful blog for July!! I'll head over to check out Dreamy Whites. As you know, I am a big fan of anything white and simple.
Have a great 4th!
Loi

White Ironstone Cottage said...

Simple casual elegance I agree and i love her shop too
great post
xxoo
Pam

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing Maria's story - her blog is my favorite! I find that as I get older, my favorite design is exactly what she does!! Happy Fourth! ;-)) PS: I have never seen your blog before, I love it so I will add you to my blogroll!

Heaven's Walk said...

Maria's blog was one of the first ones I started following when I started blogging. I instantly fell in love with the white, airy, brightness of her rooms and the way she incorporates sweet with rustic! She is one talented gal - and I'm always swooning over the items in her shop. :)

xoxo laurie

designchic said...

I absolutely adore her design style and refer to it often. Love the serenity of white and the patina of all of the furniture...adds such character!! Happily following !

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

I love her home and blog~ it is amazing! :)

mama c said...

One of my customers sent me the top picture and asked me to find her some matching doors. I found them and am in the process of stripping off about 5 layers of paint to achieve that same look. Oh the things we do for our customers!
xo
Char

michele said...

just spotted the book in the store this afternoon! love it!

have a giveaway goin' on here:
http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/07/summer-sale-giveaway.html
and hope you win!

michele

Blog Widget by LinkWithin